Orchestra Internship with the Symphony Orchestra Biel Solothurn
Every year the Symphony Orchestra Biel Solothurn organises summer and seasonal internships for young musicians in cooperation with the SON Foundation.
They have the opportunity to rehearse and play concerts with the members of the symphony orchestra for a certain period of time. The applicants are selected at an audition in spring. Applications are possible for both the summer and seasonal internships. As a rule, a completed summer internship is a prerequisite for the seasonal internship. The jury decides about exceptional cases.
For administrative reasons, a registration fee of CHF 20 will be charged, which will be refunded upon appearance at the audition. Payment to: postal account no. 30-389747-4, Stiftung Schweizer Orchester-Nachwuchsförderung (SON) (Swiss Foundation for the promotion of young talent (SON)), 2502 Biel, Switzerland
Summer internship 2020
(05 august to 09 september 2020)
- Participation in large and small projects of the Symphony Orchestra Biel Solothurn in the cities and regions of Biel and Solothurn
- Serenades and summer concerts with orchestral (large) chamber music
- Beethoven’s IXth Symphony in Murten, Biel, Solothurn and St.Gallen (conducted by Kaspar Zehnder)
- Register rehearsals and coaching by mentors (section leaders) of the orchestra.
Seasonal internship 2020/21
(Autumn 2020 to summer 2021)
Symphony Orchestra Biel Solothurn (Kaspar Zehnder, chief conductor)
40 to 60 orchestral services (opera and concert) during the 2020/2021 season
Registration deadline for internships: 17 February 2020
Information and conditions
- Study at a Swiss university conservatoire or work in Switzerland
- Max. 30 years old (born 1990 or later)
- Seasonal internship possible as a rule only after summer internship completed for all instruments (exceptional cases will be decided by the jury)
- Auditions: Thu 12 / Thu 19 / Tue 24 / Wed 25 March 2020